Thursday, July 21, 2005

SharePoint Blogsearch

While Feedster and Technorati do a fine job searching general blog content we SharePointers are a bit out in the cold when it comes to searching posts from our fellow bloggers - not all posts have the keyword "sharepoint" and there is no way to set up a group of blogs to search. What are we to do?

Well, thanks to the much-maligned-but-ever-so-useful SPS search, we have an answer. I've taken my blogroll and created content sources and a new search scope on my website. Just select the 'SharePoint Blogs' scope and go to it. Incremental updates run every 4 hours - I'll adjust it as necessary depending on search results and bandwidth consumption.

If you've got a blog you want added to the list, email me and I'll add it. Also, if you want to access the indexes (or any web services, for that matter) from your site and need a login account, just let me know.

Happy searching!