Saturday, March 18, 2006

SharingPoint Update

You may have noticed that I haven’t been blogging much lately. I’ve been swamped with projects, starting with a complete, top-to-bottom site customization at the beginning of the year that I completed in just two weeks, followed by a month in Indianapolis in February, a few days in Baltimore, then right on to a project in Dallas. In between I redesigned a company web site for a friend, did my corporate taxes, and emptied a storage bin full of old stuff. Whew!

During this time I’ve been doing A LOT of custom development in .NET – web parts, object model code, server controls, custom lists, the whole nine yards. As most people know I’m not the greatest programmer in the world and only know enough C# to be really dangerous so it’s been quite the learning experience. Here’s a sample of what I’ve been up to:

  • Dynamic drop-down portal area navigation server control

  • Custom list query/XML rendering administration pages

  • Visio design template for SPS/WSS deployments

  • Custom site navigation control/web part with security trimming

  • Advanced customization best practices document

  • Document library event handlers (not started yet)

  • List search pages
As is my custom, I’ll be posting detailed coding techniques, tips, tricks and sample code over the next few weeks. Stay tuned for some good stuff!